Sunday, August 22, 2010

First Day Open

I opened the doors to the public which was pretty terrifying, but after the first few customers came in I was pretty pumped up since they were all SUPER lovely and encouraging.  My first official sale was a pack of CP rail 100 year anniversary matches.


Then some little punk came in and started trashing my window dispay that I worked so hard on, so I had to kick him the f out. Some people's kids...


 Andrew and Jovana also ventured up to the Junction the morning (afternoon) after their housewarming party to bring me a beautiful congratulatory bouquet of sunflowers which I forgot to take a photo of naturally. I think the highlight of my day was when Kelly Gadzala came in from Grunge Queen came in and asked me if I would mind if she took a few photos for her blog!!? Are you serious!? I came home after work to check out her blog and she had already written the sweetest review of the store (which was promptly emailed to my mother). So even though it rained ALL day, and I didn't actually have a sign outside directing traffic to the store, I couldn't have asked for a better first day.


MORE TO COME FRIENDOS

5 comments:

Alder said...

Congrats! The store looks great! Woo!

Matt Hobbs said...

Huzah! We'll be over for a shop in October.

Joanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congrats Micah, on the lovely store, and thanks for linking to Grunge Queen! All the best in your new venture!

Juli said...

Congrats! We just drove by on our way home from Home Depot and saw that you were set up. On our way to pick up pizza, we couldn't resist swinging by to peek through the window and take a pic for twitter. Welcome to the neighborhood! You'll be a fantastic addition.

-Juli & John from mjölk (your neighbors down the street)